Corning, New York
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
1064 Votes - "Most Fun"
106 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
20 Votes - "Friendliest"
16 Votes - "Best For Food"
2 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
1 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
Corning’s glasswork, wine and beauty make it an attractive location for a getaway. The town is home to the Corning Museum of Glass, where more than 45,000 pieces make up the world’s largest glass collection. See sculptures, windows, and demonstrations, then make your own. Children can watch a glassmaker turn one of their drawings into a creation and adults can construct their own in a studio.
The Rockwell Museum of Art offers as much of a presentation with paintings and sculptures demonstrating western art. View paintings of the cowboys and Indians and sculptures of animals throughout three galleries. The Kids Rock area provides activities, scavenger hunts, drawing and games for younger visitors.
With its prime location in the Finger Lakes, Corning is surrounded by wineries with tours and tastings for visitors. Local vintners participate in festivals, fairs, famers markets and entertainment with events all year round. There are even a few breweries in the area as well.
Visit the Historic Gaffer District for shopping and dining, where you’ll find renowned architecture and over 100 local businesses. With three additional museums and food, art and antiques tours, there’s so much to see and do here. Get more ideas from Corning’s reviews.
- Quaint shops. Much going on. At the entrance to the Finger Lakes. Really love this city.
- on August 1, 2013
- I love the quaint little shops, great restaurants, antique stores, and small town friendliness of Corning as well as easy access parking, clean beautiful streets, and sometimes music at the clock tower!
- on August 1, 2013
- Corning is awesome! So many hands-on activities. You can make glass, jewelry, and even paint while enjoying a glass of wine. Such a cool place. It's also very close to lots of lakeside fun in the Finger Lakes.
- on July 18, 2013
- Corning, NY is a beautiful city with a variety of amazing historic buildings.
- on September 17, 2012
- The sparkle of “America’s Crystal City” is absolutely dazzling during GlassFest! Not only are there live glassblowing demonstrations on Historic Market Street, but visitors are able to celebrate all the area’s fire arts, from ceramics to jewelry. Visitors can also stroll through Riverfront Centennial Park during Light Up the Night, and enjoy live music while viewing contemporary neon and glass sculptures designed by local artists. The “FlameOff,” a glassmaking challenge that gives artists the opportunity to showcase their talents using a torch. These events and others are free of charge.
- on June 1, 2012