Corning, New York
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
1064 Votes - "Most Fun"
106 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
20 Votes - "Friendliest"
16 Votes - "Best For Food"
2 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
1 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
Corning’s glasswork, wine and beauty make it an attractive location for a getaway. The town is home to the Corning Museum of Glass, where more than 45,000 pieces make up the world’s largest glass collection. See sculptures, windows, and demonstrations, then make your own. Children can watch a glassmaker turn one of their drawings into a creation and adults can construct their own in a studio.
The Rockwell Museum of Art offers as much of a presentation with paintings and sculptures demonstrating western art. View paintings of the cowboys and Indians and sculptures of animals throughout three galleries. The Kids Rock area provides activities, scavenger hunts, drawing and games for younger visitors.
With its prime location in the Finger Lakes, Corning is surrounded by wineries with tours and tastings for visitors. Local vintners participate in festivals, fairs, famers markets and entertainment with events all year round. There are even a few breweries in the area as well.
Visit the Historic Gaffer District for shopping and dining, where you’ll find renowned architecture and over 100 local businesses. With three additional museums and food, art and antiques tours, there’s so much to see and do here. Get more ideas from Corning’s reviews.
- Awesome fun place to visit.
- on May 15, 2012
- Beautiful in the summer and fall, home of the museum of glass and close the the Finger Lakes Region
- on May 10, 2012
- You will love the shopping on Market Street, Corning Museum of Glass, Rockwell Museum and the surrounding Finger Lakes and wineries will complete your visit.
- on May 10, 2012
- Fine dining, glass museum and friendly people
- on May 9, 2012
- Corning is a really fun place to visit, live, shop, work and play! Its downtown is one of the first downtown revitalization projects (if not the very first commercial downtown rehab project) in America! Market Street has wonderful shops, delicious restaurants, historic charm, friendly folks, and a beautiful place to enjoy yourself. And, if you fall in love with Corning, you can live in one of the more than 80 new award winning apartments rehabilitated in upper floor spaces on Market Street over the past 10 years! Within a few blocks you can visit world class museums, eat in delicious restaurants, use the walking and biking path, check out our public sculpture scattered throughout the community, use the YMCA, shop for groceries at the best grocery store chain going (Wegmans!), enjoy a concert in the Square, run through the fountain at Riverfront Park - a family destination, walk the maze on Centerway bridge, and enjoy the beautiful architecture that abounds. Come visit and check out the world class wines in the Finger Lakes while you are here!
- on May 8, 2012