Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
3 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
Fort Leonard Wood is a community of soldiers, civilian volunteers, and veterans alike surrounding one of the most prominent Army posts. The town is home to the U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center (MANSCEN). The small town is united in patriotism and demonstrates service both overseas and in emergencies on American soil. The people demonstrate sacrifice in their response to natural disasters, having rebuilt their own community after a tornado for example.
Fort Leonard Wood covers more than 62,911 acres of land – 53,995 is used for chemical, engineer, military police, transportation soldiers, airmen, sailors, and international student training.
Visitors can tour the Fort or attend a graduation or welcome home ceremony to witness the support this community shows for the base. You can also visit the Pine Valley Golf Course, Frog Rock, or Mark Twain National Forest. St. Louis is a two-hour drive, while Springfield is about an hour and a half drive from Fort Leonard Wood.
The Road Rally team found locals had overflowing pride in their country and overwhelming support for those serving in the military. Captain and Clark said this is “a town that from the museums to the barracks would escort you through a thorough and deep understanding of what it means to be an American soldier and the honor that comes with it.”
- Thanks a lot for your opinion! There are extensions available which do the job, but thanks for your suggestion! ccleaner
- on April 26, 2017
- The detrimental impact sleep apnea has on the lives of countless sufferers is a very serious matter. Fortunately, with a bit of knowledge and research, it is possible for just about anyone to learn effective techniques for managing the condition. Review the ideas below for some useful information about battling sleep apnea successfully. Skip sleeping pills if you are prone to bouts of sleep apnea. You may feel you need them to get to sleep, but they have a similar effect as alcohol on the body. They also have additional side effects besides the obvious ones. Stay away if you want to lessen your sleep apnea symptoms. If you have sleep apnea, try sleeping on your side. If you are a back or stomach sleeper, gravity is working against you all night. Your airway is much more likely to collapse if you are facing straight up or down. Sleeping on your side instead makes it much easier for your body to maintain your airway as you sleep. Improve your sleep apnea by slimming down a bit. Recent research showed dramatic improvements in overweight men who shed 25 pounds over a period of one year to reduce sleep apnea symptoms. In some cases, the weight loss resulted in a cure of sleep apnea where no further treatment of the condition was necessary. Understand the effects that smoking and drinking alcohol have on sleep apnea, if you are trying to get a grip on your quality of sleep. Smoking enlarges airways, while alcohol can relax them too much, both of which will contribute to the symptoms of sleep apnea severely. Consider making the necessary cut-backs that will cut down on your sleep problems. Don't give up on treatment for sleep apnea after one doesn't work. There are a variety of treatments for your condition, so finding the right one is sometimes a process of trial and error. The number and severity of your symptoms influence what treatment is correct one for you. Giving multiple treatments a chance ensures you find the one that works the most effectively. If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, it is important to avoid drinking alcohol. Alcoholic beverages will relax the muscles in your throat, which makes it more likely that they will block your airway during your sleep. At the very least, avoid any alcoholic beverages in the evening before you get ready for bed. You can reduce sleep apnea with exercises to strengthen throat muscles. Sleep apnea is often caused by the tissues in the throat, which can relax and collapse while you sleep. When your muscles strengthen, their chances of collapse and airway blockage go down. Minimize your risk from the conditions causing sleep apnea. Some sleep apnea risk factors cannot be changed, like genetic or hereditary reasons. But others, such as weight smoking and drinking, can be controlled. Learning more about sleep apnea is important because knowledge can help put your mind at ease. Take the information you have learned in this article and talk to your doctor about it. He or she can then better help you more easily when you know more about this disorder yourself. viagrasansordonnancefr.com
- on March 19, 2017
- Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, an active military post is home to all branches of the military; Army, Marine, Air Force and Navy. Fort Leonard Wood is home to Pulaski County, Missouri and the surrounding communities are proud of our soldiers, veterans and their families for choosing this way of life to protect our country and sacrifice for our freedoms. Any day of the week you will see the American Flag flying and proud soldiers serving our country. Families come from across the United States to visit their graduating soldiers throughout the year and you will not find a more stirring ceremony. Also, home to museums, memorials and historic attractions that stir the patriotism in all of us. In Pulaski County there are many events, activities and organizations that are making things happen to make this area the best and most Patriotic Community in Missouri. HOOAH!
- on September 17, 2012
- Ft. Leonard Wood recognizes the commitment (active and retired) Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airmen, Coast Guardsmen and their families make every day. The strength of the families is supported by the patriotism of the community.
- on September 17, 2012
- We all LOVE Fort Leonard Wood Missouri! We support our Troops! <3
- on September 17, 2012