2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
291 Votes - "Best For Food"
152 Votes - "Friendliest"
19 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
8 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
4 Votes - "Most Fun"
3 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
- Since we are contending in the food category... Galesburg has many wonderful locally owned restaurants. Landmark Cafe and Creperie has wonderful crepe dishes and homemade spinach bisque. Q's Cafe has fresh and wonderful sandwiches and a warm smile for everyone that stops by for lunch. Chez Willy's, Packinghouse, Magillicuddy's, Buddes Pizza and Pub are all within walking distance in our thriving downtown. They all have signature dishes that will make you want to come back again and again!
- on September 3, 2013
- In addition to a rich history and strong railroad ties, Galesburg also has a vibrant arts community. Highlights include the annual Art in the Park, the Carl Sandburg Festival for the Mind, the Rootabaga jazz festival, community theater, community band and chorus, symphony, and the Nova singers, to say nothing of the many performances by the high school and area colleges, many presented in the gorgeous Orpheum Theater.
- on August 26, 2013
- Galesburg is my home town and there's no place like home. People there care about their neighbors an are very friendly. A good place to raise a family and great place to travel and see the site and go RVing there has a great spot right on the lake for RV's.
- on August 26, 2013
- Galesburg provides a great small town atmosphere filled with friendly people and great ways to spend your time. Whether you are looking for a quiet date night or something to do with the whole family, there is something here for everyone. You'll find variety in everything from cuisine to the cute shops lining the streets downtown.
- on August 13, 2013
- As an avid geocacher, I enjoy driving around town and finding caches located around Galesburg. You get to see for yourself what a great place Galesburg is. It is a small town rich in history, heritage, and community.
- on July 3, 2013
Showing 1 through 5 of 5 reviews
Add a Photo
You must be logged in to add photos.×