Glenwood Springs, Colorado
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
203 Votes - "Most Fun"
42 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
2 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Best For Food"
Glenwood Springs is located between the Roaring Fork and Colorado Rivers. It’s the most populated city in Garfield County, Colorado. Visitors come to Glenwood Springs primarily for its well-known medicinal hot sulfur springs. About 160 miles west of Denver, the town is rich with natural history and offers a breathtaking scenic landscape. The city is also home to one of the Colorado Mountain College campuses.
Locals take great pride in one of the town’s most visited hotspots, the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. Families can enjoy water slides, mini golf, a premier athletic club, and the renovated Spa of the Rockies at the site. Visitors can relish in the relaxation of the centuries-old Yampah Hot Springs, which are historic underground steam baths once used as a source of rejuvenation and healing. Temperatures in the caves can reach up to 112 degrees Fahrenheit.
Outdoor activities at Glenwood Springs are endless: rafting, kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, and golf are just a few of the recreational hobbies to take part in. A local community center offers indoor activities such as ice skating and aquatics.
For families with children or antsy teens, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is the place to go. A tram brings tourists to the top of a mountain, where roller coasters, children’s activities, and an observation deck await. A well-known rollercoaster called the Giant Canyon Swing pulls riders over the edge of Glenwood Canyon with a view of the Colorado River.
- Glenwood Springs is the most beautiful town on the western slope of the Colorado Rockies! It's home of the world's largest mineral Hot Springs pool and the highest elevation roller coaster in No. America! The Colorado and Roaring Fork Rivers converge in the heart of downtown and outdoor adventure is abundant!
- on August 26, 2013
- Glenwoord Springs is a quiet town with the most amazing scenery. Many of our friends live in Glenwood. One in particular live in a townhome with ski-in access to his front door. Another friend operates a local pest management company in the area. They've offered Glenwood Springs Pest Control for over 30 years.
- on August 26, 2013
- Glenwood is the best stop on the way city. The springs are rejuvenating and relaxing, moreso than any other springs. At night, the wind comes in and mini steam tornados collect and move over the water, for a unique-to-see display. Juicy Lucy's is a most divine dinner for afterwards. Steaks and crammed scalloped potatoes are amazing. Our neighbors poured us a glass of their wine. The stars are outshine most anywhere I've been stateside. The town itself is quaint and full of tempting places to stop and explore.
- on August 13, 2013
- Glenwood Springs is dominated by the largest hot springs swimming pool in the world. it is warm (over 90 degrees) year round, with a therapy pool larger than most kiddy pools that reaches 106 degrees. The entire complex is as large as a football field. The Colorado River flows right by it, providing rafting, kayaking, tubing, and stand-up paddling opportunities. A bikepath also flows through the canyon. There is also a whitewater park in town. Glenwood Caverns are on top of the mountain with some thrilling adventures. The town is surrounded my mountains and only a 45 minute drive from Aspen. A smaller ski resort is just outside of town. Two Rivers Park is a great place for a walk and a concert. There are hiking paths and forests, along with riverside hot springs nearby. The main street of town is full of small businesses, and there are plenty of great places to eat. There is a local Harley dealership and this is a great town to serve as a base while riding the Rocky Mountains.
- on August 1, 2013
- A community filled with adventure and family fun. Once you visit, you'll be a fan for life and return year after year to enjoy the local hospitality and all of the memorable activities. Bring Your Sprit and Let Glenwood Springs Furnish the Adventure.
- on August 1, 2013